Wednesday 16 March 2011

Anyone else ever met a deaf mute beggar in McDonald's





If anyone else ever met a deaf mute beggar in McDonald's, you got two options to give some money or not. Simple as that.


But, for me as a deaf person I find this bit surreal experience because I thought a deaf mute beggar could have a better life for himself. Personally, I find this quite appalling in some issues about a 'deaf mute' beggar..

  1. Why didn't he go to 'Deaf' community in UK? and he will might have a chance to get some support there.
  2. He had a family who can have some support and get in contact with other family too.
  3. When he approaching to hearing people ask them to read, I noticed that it is 'fail' way to have their kindness because of communication breakdown and too directly.
  4. Lastly, that is for sure which lots of people might felt bit intense and sympathy towards a beggar.
Deep inside me, I am frustrating with it because every other people might start looking at me after see a beggar. It was embarrassing. In somewhat, I got two options; let him some money or stand up ask him what's up with him? 

But, I couldn't try. I cannot understand why i didn't do it because I think our language might be the same 'Deaf' language so what's the problem of not talking to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment