Saturday 5 March 2011

Olympic Bus Tour

Well I got to meet David 'Flashman' Cameron, aren't I(?) Let's hope not.


Early sunshine morning, I cannot wait for this bus tour around the Olympic site for the first time ever. When I got arrived at Pudding Mill Lane DLR station (I think that station is bit cute and small but right next to the massive Olympic site! :o)

I got to meet rest of the DeafPlus 18 volunteers first into one group. Our leader is Olive, (she is so nice to us!) she taking us to the Olympic Bus Station pick up point and prepare for the bus tour. Most of us will be our first time compare to Olive's EIGHTH time!! :s There is a tour guide lady with a BSL interpreter as well. She was explain about Health & Safety first (typical, isn't i?!) anyway moving on and she told us about the recently how London 2012 won the bid and so on. We watched the video inside the bus for 10 mins. 

However, Bus is ready to give us a ride around the Olympic site. I start to feel bit of buzz to see something wow-factor but there are many isn't because it still being built and only one building already completed now. It is Velodrome stadia and I was amaze that this stadium look like a Pringle Crisp shape!! and the design of the building was gobsmacking!! 

Moving on, lastly I want to say bit more before I can show you few pictures below. She mainly telling us what will happened after the Olympic site like there will be new schools, new sport clubs, West Ham taking over the Olympic Stadium to become Football/Athletics stadium (which it is bad idea!), new international broadcast media centre (it is massive) and lots of involved in politics where who will own this site by which London borough! It is still ongoing talk-fight. So it is worthy to go and see it!










No comments:

Post a Comment